A Guide to Using a Temp Agency to Find a Temp Job
Temporary jobs give you an opportunity to try out a new career, gain experience, and find out if it works for you. In addition, it also allows you to find a job that is flexible around family and other commitments.
Temp jobs are available in almost any industry. Using a temp agency ensures you get a job that matches your skill set and interests. As a long-established career temp agency in Toronto, we know what it takes to land a good temp job. Read on to understand how you can move ahead in the right direction.
What is a Temp Job?
A temp job is an opportunity to work with a company temporarily with the duration of the employment predetermined. The period can vary depending on the requirement of an organization.
There are two ways of obtaining a temp job. The first way involves direct contact with the employer. The company hires you, and you report directly for the tasks assigned. The company pays you directly for the work done.
The second way is getting hired through a temp agency. The temp recruitment agency works as a middleman for the candidate and the employer. Once you get hired, they are responsible for paying you for the work done for the company.
Why Do Businesses Hire Temp Workers?
Below are some of the primary reasons why businesses hire temp workers:
- Companies have a small set of tasks that need to be completed immediately.
- Some companies need someone to work on specific tasks that come up without proper planning or coordination.
- When permanent employees go on long-term leave, such as during the holiday season, companies hire temp workers to fill in the gap for the time being.
- A business in its early stages doesn’t want to hire permanent employees to evade risks due to any unpredictable market situation.
- Sometimes, companies do not want to be bound by the responsibilities of retaining permanent employees and providing them long-term benefits even when the business is experiencing downtime.
What Is a Temp Agency?
A temp agency, also known as a temporary staffing agency, finds suitable candidates that match the requirements of an organization. Companies seeking temp workers collaborate with temp agencies through a contract and fill a vacant position with qualified candidates.
Temp staffing agencies can significantly alleviate strain on overworked staff, optimize the hiring process, and reduce the risk of new hire turnover.
How to Find the Right Temp Agency
There are many temp agencies in Toronto and the surrounding region, so finding the best one could feel challenging. Here are some steps you could follow to make an informed decision:
- Get in touch with people who have used a temp agency. Ask them about their experiences with each one.
- If you know any employers or hiring managers, ask them about the temporary staffing agencies they used and which one has provided the expected results.
- Try out several agencies before choosing one. Research ‘temporary agencies near me’ on the web, explore their websites and make a physical visit.
- Ensure they specialize in industries where you are planning to apply.
- Find out if they offer benefits to temp workers and whether they specialize in temp-to-hire jobs.
Hire Our Temp Agency to Land a Good Job
For 45 years, Winters Staffing has achieved an outstanding reputation for connecting top-notch companies with talented professionals. We specialize in contract hire, temporary employment, temp-to-hire, on-site recruiting, and direct hire placements across multiple industries.
If you are looking for a temp job in Toronto, we are the go-to temp agency for Toronto and the surrounding areas, known for relationship and results-oriented services.