Benefits Of Using A Temp Agency To Expand Career Opportunities
Although most people would certainly prefer the advantages of permanent employment (guaranteed income, health care benefits, and opportunities for advancement), this may not always be an option. Companies are moving more and more towards contract roles to reduce overall operating costs and some positions are being streamlined or eliminated altogether in order to reduce payroll.
When permanent work is not immediately available, consider utilizing the services of a proven temp agency to obtain a contract-based or project-based position. These types of roles should be viewed as opportunities along your career path as they can unlock the doors to future prospects – including permanent work.
For over 40 years, Winters Technical Staffing, a recognized leader among temp agencies in Toronto providing agency staffing services, has been successfully placing skilled personnel in several types of temporary roles:
- Seasonal requirements
- Cyclical work patterns
- Project-based contracts
Why Temporary Work Is A Worthwhile Investment
With companies looking to operate with smaller staffs during tougher economic times, a temp agency becomes an important and valuable asset in terms of economic recovery. Many employers rely on these agencies to provide temporary staff who can maintain productivity levels while the company tries to contain costs.
Your willingness to accept temporary work on a seasonal, cyclical, or project basis can be a worthwhile investment in your future. Temporary positions offer benefits in several different areas of competency and in life-style preferences:
- Knowledge base – Stay current on product advances and industry trends
- Strengthen skills – Improve future employment potential with up-to-date training
- New skills – Enrich your skill set through exposure to new and different techniques
- Networking – Broaden exposure to other opportunities within the company/industry
- Marketability – Use temp roles to fortify and add depth to your resume/references
- Flexibility – Depending on personal factors, you can take positions in different cities or provinces (a great way to see other parts of the country – while getting paid too)
- Reduce stress – Temporary work provides more time for vacations and hobbies
- Opportunity – As the company grows, a temporary role may become permanent
Capitalize on the expertise and resources of a proven temp agency. Winters Technical Staffing is ready, willing, and able to help you meet your particular needs and preferences. Call us at 1-877-495-7422 to discuss your placement opportunities.