Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Careers and job opportunities in artificial intelligence (AI) have grown exponentially in recent years to meet the needs of digitized industries. In artificial intelligence, machines are created and designed to learn from past actions and data, using which they can make corrections to avoid problems from resurfacing. They also make necessary adjustments to accommodate new information and perform human-like tasks.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
AI is a field that can help simplify tasks typically done by humans, which includes activities such as image processing, speech recognition, diagnosis of diseases, business process management, and more. It is the ability to develop and design computer systems to imitate human behaviour.
If you are planning to become an AI specialist, we can help you. As a reputable employment agency in Toronto and the GTA, we have the resources to guide you and ensure you find a suitable AI job that meets your needs.
How to Become an Artificial Intelligence Engineer
If technical aspects are your primary interest and you have a background in software programming, you may find a lucrative AI job by learning all about how to become an AI engineer.
- First and foremost, an AI engineer should have a bachelor’s degree in areas such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Statistics, Economics, or Finance
- They should have strong practical and theoretical knowledge of technical aspects such as Machine Learning, Software Development Life Cycle, Design Patterns, and more
- Having a master’s degree may also help you establish a successful career
Enrolling in courses in the following areas may help you become an AI specialist:
- Cognitive science theory
- Bayesian networking, including neural nets
- Computer science with knowledge in coding and programming languages
What Does an AI Engineer Do?
AI engineers have the knowledge and expertise in programming, software engineering, and data science. They use different methodologies to develop and maintain the systems. They help design and build AI models depending on several organizational goals using algorithms and deep learning neural networks. This helps get business insights that are necessary to make critical decisions. An AI engineer often works on a variety of artificial intelligence for different industries, including the healthcare and retail sectors.
Responsibilities of An AI Engineer
When it comes to AI job in IT organizations, an Artificial Engineer often has many duties, including the following:
- Work with and coordinate between Business Analysts and Data Scientists in the organization
- Convert machine learning models into APIs to enhance functionality so that other applications can access them
- Automate and manage the infrastructure used by the Data Science team
- Develop and automate processes by using machine learning
- Test and deploy AI software and models
- Use AI to empower the organization
Skills Required to Become an AI Engineer & Find an AI Job
Robotics, automation, and the use of advanced computer programs and software are required for a career in artificial intelligence. If you are interested in securing a rewarding AI job, it is beneficial to have a specific education based on technology, math, engineering, and logical perspectives. In addition to this, verbal and written communication skills are crucial to communicating how AI tools are employed within different industry settings.
- Algorithms and frameworks
- Expertise in Statistics and Mathematics, including probability, linear algebra, and more
- Knowledge of Spark and Big Data Technologies
- Ability to solve problems
- Programming skills
- Communication skills
In addition to these skills, it also helps to have experience in the following:
- Be proficient in computer coding languages at an advanced level, such as Python, Java, C, and C++
- Possess critical thinking and analytical skills
- Deploy software in production processes
- Use modern software development tools and techniques
- Autonomous work
Typical Tasks of an AI Engineer
- Research and make improvements to machine learning algorithms
- Data mining
- Use machine learning in a software development life cycle on a set of data inputs
- Pattern matching and recognition
- Train machine-learning based software for domain-specific tasks, such as object detection, image recognition, and more
A Career in Artificial Intelligence
The experts in our employment agency believe that as a qualified individual, you have the opportunity to secure lucrative positions with reputable organizations as an AI Engineer:
- Software analysts and developers
- Algorithm specialists
- Data Scientist
- Research Scientist
- AI Architect
- AI Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Big Data Engineer
Moreover, many reputable companies are looking to hire qualified AI engineers, including Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, Amazon, NVIDIA, Facebook, Uber, and more.
AI Engineer Salary
The average salary of an Artificial Intelligence Engineer, according to Indeed, is around CAD 140,000 per annum. The minimum pay is around $137,000, and a maximum may be nearly $190,000.
Winters Staffing Can Help Establish & Advance Your AI Career
If you are looking to establish or further your career as an AI engineer, you may want to consult with an experienced employment agency such as Winters Technical Staffing. We are a leading staffing agency in Toronto with more than 40 years of experience and having qualified placement specialists. Our professionals can offer the guidance and support that job seekers require to ensure their job searches are more efficient, focused, and yield the desired results.
Also, our team of job consultants can assist with the recruitment and placement of qualified individuals within the engineering industry, including AI engineers. We are often contracted to recruit qualified Artificial Intelligence engineers on behalf of our clients, based on the extensive working relationships that we have developed over the years with many employers. This allows you additional employment opportunities as compared to leads that you may generate through self-conducted job searches.
Contact Winters Staffing Today for AI Jobs!
Whether you are looking to begin your career as an AI Engineer or searching for opportunities to advance your career, we can help! Feel free to reach out to the experts in our employment agency in Toronto by calling us at 416-495-7422. You could also fill out our online contact form to schedule a complimentary career path discussion with our specialists.