Using A Temp Agency To Revitalize Your Search For Full-Time Employment
Individuals seeking full-time employment are clearly aware of the potential challenges to eventually achieving this objective. A search requires an investment of time and effort on the part of the job seeker, and can be further hindered by an inability to physically relocate and/or a lack of suitable work experience relative to the desired position.
Another reason why full-time work may be more challenging to obtain is a growing shift among employers toward hiring temporary or part-time staff, achieved with the support of temp agencies.
By using a temp agency, an employer benefits in several ways:
- Internal resources remain dedicated to/focused on day-to-day tasks
- Temp agency handles all recruiting, screening, and reference checks
An Expedited Hiring Process
- Temp agencies have readily-accessible pools of potential candidates
- Less downtime means less impact on productivity and/or deliverables
- Temp staff are agency employees – payroll admin is handled externally
- This includes any medical benefits, vacation pay, and CPP/EI contributions
- Any below-expected performance is rectified immediately with no liability
- Temporary roles can be part-time, contract, seasonal, or project-based
- Such roles can become full-time based on performance/company needs
So what does this mean to an individual seeking full-time employment? It means that there could be several avenues and opportunities available through the temp agencies to actually strengthen their candidacy for a full-time position. Here’s how:
- Gaining entry level access to a particular employer or fields of interest
- Opportunities to update specific training or certification requirements
- Creation of networking opportunities within and outside fields of interest
- Reinforcing resume content by updating work experience, skill sets, etc.
- Access to potential job opportunities that may not be posted publicly
- Exposure to other potential career options not previously considered
- Ability to demonstrate overall work ethic to potential full-time employers
- A more targeted job search – the temp agency is working on your behalf
- A confidence booster – the satisfaction to be working rather than sitting idle
When full-time employment is the desired goal but potential opportunities seem limited or few-and-far-between, it would be understandable if a job seeker becomes somewhat discouraged as time progresses. However, as noted above, there can be many benefits to pursuing a temporary position through a temp agency while seeking a full-time role, including a reinvigoration of one’s overall career path and objectives.
Winters Technical Staffing has the experience and expertise to guide you through the key steps for acquiring a temporary position as you seek to gain full-time employment.
As a leading temp agency in Toronto and the GTA for more than 40 years, Winters Technical Staffing understands the financial and emotional aspects of a job change or a career change, and is fully committed to supporting you in such endeavours.
For additional information on how our temp agency can be an asset in your job search, call us today at 1-877-495-7422 or contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation.