The Benefits of Hiring Temporary Staff for Your Organization
A Temporary Staffing Agency Can Help Employers Remain Financially Viable
For a vast majority of small to mid-sized companies, managing operating costs is a very important aspect to maintaining their overall viability and profitability. One of the prime contributors to that operating budget is staff compensation, including such line items as:
- Base salaries
- Overtime wages
- Medical/dental benefits
- Vacation pay/entitlement
- Disability insurance coverage
- Company-paid training programs
Many of these workforce-related expenses are seen as fixed costs; that is, expenditures incurred regardless of company performance levels. If and when revenues are lagging, perhaps due to new or lower-priced competition and/or the surprising loss of an existing client’s business, sustaining compensation levels can place a major strain on the financial ledger; and while downsizing or temporary layoffs might be considerations, they will also necessitate additional and unplanned costs.
Consequently, some small to mid-sized employers are now turning to temporary staffing in an effort to better manage operating costs and remain financially viable, particularly in highly-competitive markets like Toronto and its neighbouring communities. And through the help of a temporary staffing agency like Winters Technical Staffing, these employers are utilizing temporary jobs to address and/or resolve the following types of situations:
- Responding to seasonal demands
- Meeting unexpected/changed deadlines
- Handling special or single-occasion projects
- Limiting overtime or relieving excessive workloads
- Maintaining productivity during staff illnesses/absences
- To bridge skills/experience lost due to abrupt departures
Toronto-area employers can realize several benefits by utilizing a staffing agency such as Winters Technical Staffing to satisfy particular job or business needs through the hiring of temporary employees. These benefits include:
- Temporary workers are employees of the staffing agency
- They are available to step into roles with little lead-time/notice
- Obligations to temp staff tend to be shorter than with contractors
- Temp staff can limit paid overtime and help to maintain productivity
- Temp workers will typically have the basic skills required for their roles
- Eliminating recruiting-related costs, e.g. money, time, internal resources
- Provides an opportunity to assess temp staff for future full-time positions
- Avoids the need to manipulate (increase or decrease) company headcount
- Can help address gaps/deficiencies in a particular skill set for the company
Of course, to ensure that these benefits are appreciated to the full extent, employers will need to fill their temporary positions with highly-qualified people. This is a major reason for employers to consider the services provided by Winters Technical Staffing, a leading staffing agency in Toronto for more than 45 years.
Fill Temporary Jobs Quickly and Efficiently Using Our Staffing Agency Resources
Based on past experiences, many employers will attest to the fact that the recruiting and hiring process can be a time-consuming initiative, with no guarantee that qualified talent will be identified and secured for their open positions; this can become further magnified when that time and effort is invested in the search for temporary staffing.
Therefore, to fill such jobs with capable individuals in the shortest possible time, Toronto employers would be well-advised to engage the services of a reputable and experienced staffing agency such as Winters Technical Staffing.
For over 45 years, Winters Technical Staffing consultants have been supporting Toronto and area employers in addressing and resolving their respective hiring needs, including temporary staffing, in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The proficiencies of these recruiting agency specialists include:
- Identification of suitable candidates
- Resume screening/coordinating interviews
- Performing background and reference checks
- Implementing the appropriate on-boarding tasks
- Payroll (hours worked, pay rate, managing payments)
- Addressing and remedying performance issues as needed
For further information on the process applied by the professionals at Winters Technical Staffing for identifying and providing qualified candidates for temporary positions, please visit our Staffing Solutions page.
Contact Winters Today
If you are looking for support to quickly and cost-effectively provide temporary staffing for your organization, call the recruitment professionals at Winters Technical Staffing at 416-495-7422 today or contact us to discuss how our agency can meet your needs.
You might also want to check our related posts: