A Slow Recruiting and Hiring Process Can Weaken Support of the Bottom Line
There are undoubtedly countless consumers who can recount at least one instance when a delay in their decision-making prevented them from addressing or satisfying a personal or family need. Some of the following examples of opportunities lost to hesitation might ring true, while also resurrecting some agonizing memories:
- The home with the pool and finished basement? Sold last weekend
- The used SUV that was the ideal size and price? No longer available
- That jacket in the right size, colour, and style? Has been discontinued
There was likely a sense of urgency to take immediate action in many of these cases, yet other priorities, or perhaps mere procrastination, prohibited the buyer from obtaining the precise item they wanted and/or needed; yes, potential buyers can often be heard to say that they ‘shoulda just bought it’ immediately when they first had the chance.
A parallel scenario that arises, more often than one might think, in the world of business pertains to the slow pace of the recruiting and hiring process. In such cases, companies will often identify an immediate need for new talent, new skills, and/or additional staffing and set matters in motion by contacting a recruiting agency on the very same day – only to nullify the urgency, as well as the likelihood of finding the ideal candidate/candidates, due to their slow hiring process.
And some companies may not even be aware that their hiring practices or processes are taking much too long; some indications that this could in fact be the case will include:
- Not responding to applicants for three to four weeks
- Vacancies that remain open/unfilled for weeks/months
- Protracted interviewing processes – in time and number
- High turnover rates, both entry-level and experienced staff
- An overall decline in the number and/or quality of applicants
- Calls from recent interviewees to withdraw from consideration
The implications/effects of a slow hiring process can be far-reaching, specifically in terms of a company’s reputation in the eyes of:
- Potential candidates
- Recruitment agencies
- Customers and suppliers
Furthermore, from a business operations perspective, the consequences/ramifications of moving too slow to hire can fundamentally penalize a company in several ways, in both the short-term and the long-term as well; some of the specific damage, so to speak, can include the following:
- Declines in revenues
- Falloffs in productivity
- Delays in customer service
- Settling for inferior candidates
- Top talent going to competitors
- Overpaying for talent(any level)
- An increase in recruiting/hiring costs
- Difficulty attracting applicants in general
- Developing an unfavourable company image
- An inability to secure recruiting/hiring support
In order for corporations to successfully deliver their products and/or services, the hiring and retention of qualified candidates are of vital importance. A protracted or slow hiring process can reduce the probabilities of finding the best candidates and consequently, by extension, have direct and indirect adverse effects on the bottom line.
A Recruitment Agency Can Help Avoid Consequences of Slow Hiring Processes
To avoid the many of the consequences of a slow hiring process, particularly the loss of top talent to the competition or to other industries, companies might want to solicit the recruiting and hiring support provided by an experienced recruitment agency like Winters Technical Staffing.
As a leading recruitment agency in Toronto and the GTA for more than 40 years, Winters Technical Staffing offers the knowledge and resources that companies need to effectively implement the recruiting and hiring process from start to finish; this includes:
- Candidate identification
- Meticulous pre-screening
- In-depth interviews/assessment
- Thorough vetting of all references
- Comprehensive background checks
- Administration of skills tests (as needed)
Winters Technical Staffing maintains an extensive database of candidates to help satisfy a variety of recruiting and hiring requirements including full-time, part-time, temporary, contract, and project-based positions; this can be a critical asset in expediting the hiring process – provided the employer also responds promptly as requested or when required.
Contact Winters Today
Avoid the wide-ranging consequences of a slow hiring process by engaging the services of an experienced recruitment agency to coordinate your recruiting and hiring efforts on your behalf. Call the specialists at Winters Technical Staffing at 416-495-7422 today to request a no-obligation consultation on the advantages of our services.