Electronics Engineer: Hardware and Software
If you are interested in working with computers and designing new products and software, consider a career in electronics engineering.
An electronics engineer is responsible for designing and developing electronic equipment and prototypes. This may also involve:
- Modifying hardware components
- Evaluating existing computer systems and improving them
- Updating systems by improving layouts, designs, and components
- Design cost-effective and compact models
As for responsibilities, commonly seen requirements shown in job descriptions may include some or all of the following:
- Analyze systems to identify flaws and inefficiencies
- Make modifications to increase the functionality of the computer
- Develop new designs for components
- Inspect modified systems to ensure they meet company standards
- Offer technical support
The following skills and experience would benefit an individual looking to find work in the electronic engineering field:
- Possess excellent technical writing skills
- Be able to create blueprints
- Be able to apply theoretical and practical knowledge
- Ability to oversee production and assembly
- Knowledgeable with testing prototypes
In order to become an electronics engineer, a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering is required. Some experience in manufacturing is also an asset.
Job Placement Specialists Can Help Electronics Engineers Further Their Careers
People looking to enter or progress their career as an electronics engineer can benefit by consulting an experienced job placement professional from Winters Technical Staffing, a leading staffing agency for the manufacturing sector in Toronto for more than 40 years. The specialists at Winters Technical Staffing can provide the guidance and support that will aid job seekers in streamlining their efforts in a more targeted and effective manner, with an overall goal of increasing the probability of landing an appropriate position.
The consultants at Winters Technical Staffing have established strong relationships with employers and hiring managers throughout the electronics industry and have developed a reputation for success in the recruitment and placement of qualified candidates within this sector.
Please visit our Industry Specialties page for more information on the specialization of Winters Technical Staffing.
Contact Winters Today
Are you looking to initiate or progress in your career as an electronics engineer? The guidance and support provided by the job placement specialists from Winters Technical Staffing may be helpful to you. Call the consultants at Winters Technical Staffing today at 647-556-2408 to request your complimentary consultation.