An autocad drafter plays a pivotal role in developing the technical plans and drawings used in many manufacturing and construction sectors, including:
- Land surveying
- Mechanical engineering
- Structural engineering
Due to the sophistication and importance of autocad drafter jobs, employers who need to hire for such positions will frequently call upon a professional recruitment agency for assistance in identifying qualified candidates. Therefore, individuals who are looking to establish a career as an autocad drafter or those currently working in this field who want to make a career move should also consider working with a technical recruitment agency to strengthen the probability of achieving their specific goals.
Before any available opportunities can actually be pursued, there are two fundamentally important aspects to seeking autocad drafter jobs that will benefit from the knowledge and insight of a recruiter:
- Refining candidate resumes to best represent their candidacy for an autocad job
- Coaching on effective interviewing skills to best portray that candidacy in person
Although this might sound simplistic, in order to refine a resume for an autocad job, there must be a basic version of the resume already in place – and despite the imagination and creativity needed to perform well in this role, a baseline resume should be kept simple and informative. Here are some broad yet effective resume-writing tips:
- Used modest fonts rather than more stylized options
- Avoid any elaborate graphics, borders, colours, etc.
- Present information in bullet points versus paragraphs
- Emphasize past job titles, skills acquired, certifications
- Highlight accomplishments versus the job descriptions
- Stick to the facts (reference checks find exaggerations)
- Use appropriate language and terminology/keywords
- Avoid timeline gaps (this raises red flags with readers)
- Include all contact information – address, phone, e-mail
- Check spelling! (more than once!)
Once this essential information is summarized, a professional recruiter such as Winters Technical Staffing can move forward with refining the resume for the specific purpose of pursuing job opportunities.
Use A Professional Recruiter To Customize Your Autocad Resume And Portfolio
Preparing one resume and using it repeatedly may be efficient from a time management perspective, but it can actually be ineffective in terms of advancing past the preliminary screening stage. It is therefore important that candidates tailor and/or customize their resume based on the specific industry, job description, and needs of the employer.
With respect to seeking autocad drafter jobs, a professional recruiter will assess the general/basic content and style of a resume and ensure that it incorporates/meshes well with the following role-specific experience and qualifications:
- Tools – basic and advanced
- Autocad versions used
- Years of experience with each tool and version
- Relevant project history and details
- Career summary and selected accomplishments
Subsequently, in preparation for eventual employment interviews, an autocad recruiter like Winters Technical Staffing can help the job seeker develop/prepare a professional portfolio that can be taken to interviews in order to demonstrate these influential factors first-hand to all prospective employers:
- Contributory potential
In addition, the recruiter can further aid the job seeker through coaching on the proper demeanor to be displayed throughout the interviews as well as the appropriate approach and timing for offering/presenting their professional portfolio to the interviewer or hiring manager.
Contact Winters Today
If you are looking to begin or expand your career as an autocad drafter, and would find benefit from working with an experienced recruiter, call Winters Technical Staffing today at 1-877-495-7422 to arrange your complimentary consultation.