A vital role in any engineering organization is its manager. If the idea of planning, directing, organizing, overseeing, and monitoring the functions and projects of an engineering business sounds like something you would love, then consider the role of an engineering manager.
An engineering manager is responsible for supervising a team of engineers during the design and development of products and projects. This may also involve:
- Planning and directing installation, testing, operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities
- Review and approve designs and changes
- Meet with staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Layout timelines and detailed plans to accomplish goals
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts
As for responsibilities, commonly seen requirements found in job descriptions may include some or all of the following:
- Co-ordinate with project managers in various offices
- Ensure timely and proper completion of projects
- Keep updated on the latest engineering technology
- Provide training to co-workers
The following skills and experience would also benefit an individual looking to work as an engineering manager:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Skilled with engineering concepts and disciplines
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
In order to become an engineering manager, a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field is required. Also, experience in an engineering discipline is often required, as is provincial licensure.
Job Placement Specialists Can Help Engineering Managers Further Their Careers
People looking to begin or progress their career as an engineering manager can benefit from contacting an experienced job placement professional at Winters Technical Staffing, a leading staffing agency in Toronto for more than 40 years. The specialists at Winters Technical Staffing are able to provide the guidance and support needed to streamline an individual’s efforts in a more targeted and efficient manner to increase the likelihood of landing a position.
The consultants at Winters Technical Staffing have established close relationships with employers and hiring managers throughout the manufacturing and industrial industry, and have a reputation for success in both recruiting and placing candidates within this sector.
Please visit our Industry Specialties page for more information on our specializations.
Contact Winters Today
Are you looking to begin or continue your career as an engineering manager? The support given by the job placement specialists at Winters Technical Staffing may be of help to you. Call the consultants at Winters Technical Staffing today at 647-556-2408 to request your complimentary consultation.