Technical Staffing is Best Addressed by Industry-Specific Recruitment Agencies
Many employers will readily admit that recruiting and hiring can be time-consuming and resource-intensive processes for their in-house staff with no guarantee of any immediate success. Despite the best of intentions and efforts, adequate candidates may be in short supply or the response rate may be such that the volume of resumes may bog down the hiring initiative at the screening stage.
As a result, these employers may be open to the idea of using an external employment agency to handle their recruiting needs. In some cases, the employers may initiate this relationship; at other times, recruitment agencies may solicit this affiliation, citing direct and indirect cost savings as the significant benefits to the employer.
Regardless of who makes the initial contact, it is important for the employer to look past these cost-related claims – they must invest the time to determine whether the agency in question has sufficient experience to recruit within that particular industry. And while this is likely true in the major of cases, it is critically important to those in manufacturing who require specialized technical staffing.
Many agencies will proclaim their expertise in a particular industry/field, only to disprove that assertion by not filling the hiring need with an adequate candidate and/or in a time-efficient manner. This can in fact cost the employer more in lost productivity rather than save money as purported by the agency.
Therefore, employers within the manufacturing sector may find it beneficial to align their recruiting needs with a technical staffing agency that specializes in this industry, such as Winters Technical Staffing in Toronto. Winters Technical Staffing has been successfully supporting the needs of these employers for more than 40 years, and therefore has the experience and capability to deliver the following efficiencies when contracted to recruit for a specific manufacturing role or roles:
- Expertise in overall recruiting, screening, and on-boarding candidates
- An in-depth knowledge of the industry and the skills needed to succeed
- Better return on advertising – effort focused on areas of highest impact
- More immediate identification/access to adequately qualified candidates
- Thorough pre-employment screening (background and reference checks)
- Maintenance of productivity levels – vacancies filled quickly and efficiently
- Improved internal resource allocation (staff remains focused on daily tasks)
- Higher retention rates – hiring qualified staff helps to reduce turnover rates
- Reduced risk – thorough vetting lessens the chances of bad hiring decisions
- Investment protection – no-cost replacement if new hire leaves prematurely
- Flexibility to meet seasonal or unexpected needs (temp, part-time, contract)
In essence, all of the above are aimed at finding qualified candidates and making good hiring decisions in the most time-efficient and cost-efficient manner possible. Therefore, from an overall financial perspective (costs, time, productivity, and resource allocation), employers in the manufacturing sector may want to consider the advantages of working with a technical recruitment agency like Winters Technical Staffing.
A Proven Process to Meet Your Technical Staffing Needs
For more than 40 years, Winters Technical Staffing has been successfully implementing a proven process to help employers find and acquire the technical staffing they need in a time-sensitive and cost-efficient fashion.
The dedicated recruiting consultants from Winters Technical Staffing identify top-quality candidates through the following steps:
- Comprehensive screening interviews
- Thorough assessment of work experience
- Detailed background and reference checks
- Confirmation of stated credentials/certifications
- Skills assessments and testing (if such is required)
Contact Winters Today
Winters Technical Staffing has access to an extensive pool of qualified candidates to fill all of your technical staffing needs. Call Winters Technical Staffing at 1-877-495-7422 today to discuss your specific hiring needs and timelines with one of our recruiting professionals.