Reasons to Use a Staffing Agency for Your Recruiting Needs
Recruiting Agencies Help Employers Save Time and Make Good Hiring Decisions
Most employers, from small businesses to multi-national corporations, would likely admit that the recruiting and hiring processes can be rather expensive investments. This does not only include absolute dollars spent on advertising and other direct costs, but also the time dedicated by internal staff to complete the searching, interviewing, and on-boarding phases; this indirect investment can have a spillover effect too, since any time and effort allocated to recruiting often takes staff away from customary or routine responsibilities.
And, despite any or all checks-and-balances along the way, there are no guarantees that the hiring decision will prove to be a good choice for the company in the short-term or in the long-term. Sometimes, there are time pressures to fill a vacancy or meet business expansion needs, which can impact candidate selection before all options are considered.
To that end, employers will also admit that the most costly hit to an overall operational budget is a poor hiring decision, due to the need to sever or terminate that employee and then start the process all over again. In fact, it is has been estimated that the cost of a bad hiring decision to an employer can be as much as 15 times the base salary paid to that employee over whatever period of time that they were on the payroll.
To alleviate much of the recruiting burden from their in-house staff, as well as increase the likelihood of making good/better hiring decisions, employers might find benefit in the services provided by recruiting agencies like Winters Technical Staffing in Toronto.
The experienced recruiters from a reputable staffing agency such as Winters Technical Staffing can be valuable resources to employers throughout the entire recruitment/hiring process. The principal reasons for employers to engage one of Toronto’s leading staffing agencies include, in no particular order:
- Access to an already-established pool of potential candidates
- Off-loading all resume/candidate screening, reference checks
- Flexibility to fulfill full-time, part-time, temporary hiring needs
- Multiple advertising options at relatively little to no direct costs
- Social media, agency’s website, campus placement centres
- Time is fully allocated to concentrating on the recruiting process
- Can reduce overall recruiting time, help maintain productivity
- Ability to source passive candidates i.e. those not actively looking
- Through social media (LinkedIn, Twitter), industry associations
- Provision of a guarantee should a new hire not meet expectations
- No additional fees to secure a replacement (up to 6+ months)
- Compensation, hence focus, is based on placements, not activity
- Emphasis is on quality not quantity of candidates presented
- Internal staff to interview a short-list of top candidates only
In order to make confident hiring decisions, and obtain the maximum return on the time and money invested in recruiting and hiring, employers may indeed choose to outsource their staffing needs to a professional agency like Winters Technical Staffing.
A Staffing Agency with a Proven Process to Meet Your Specific Hiring Needs
The Winters Technical Staffing recruiting specialists understand the importance of finding a top candidate or candidates as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to resolve an employer’s staffing needs and save them time and money. For more than 40 years, the team from Winters Technical Staffing has been successfully addressing these needs with a proven process that includes the following key elements:
- Dedicating staffing consultants with market-specific knowledge
- Extensive and meticulous screening of resumes and applicants
- In-depth applicant interviews to evaluate applicable experience
- Thorough reference checks and police/credit checks as needed
- Validation of candidates’ stated credentials and/or certifications
- Relevant skills testing as requested or required by an employer
It would be an understatement to say that a lack of attention to detail in one or more of these elements can result in less-than-fully-informed hiring decisions by employers and consequently a lack of return on their investment. A professional recruiting agency such as Winters Technical Staffing has the experience and the resources required to commit the appropriate attention to all such details and allow employers to make more confident choices to meet their staffing needs.
Furthermore, when employers collaborate with an agency like Winters Technical Staffing, they are afforded the flexibility or versatility to fill vacancies or add incremental staff in various ways based on specific business needs or timelines. Such options might include:
- Full-time staffing
- Part-time positions
- Temporary/provisional roles
- Contract or project-based jobs
- Seasonal or peak-period needs
An added benefit for all roles above, save for the full-time jobs, would be the opportunity for employers to evaluate the individuals hired under these parameters with respect to their potential for full-time employment in the future.
Contact Winters Today
Winters Technical Staffing has the recruiting experience and resources you need to fulfill your staffing requirements in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. Call Winters Technical Staffing today at 1-877-495-7422 to learn how your business can benefit from our services.