From Temp To A Full-time Permanent Placement
Wondering How To Turn Your Temporary Job Into A Permanent Placement?
Many employers use temporary hiring as a means of testing out a candidate before offering a permanent placement. Let’s look at some of the key things you need to keep in mind if you want to go from being a temp to a full-time position.
- Inform your staffing agency of your goals: Temp staffing agencies know which ones are going to consider a candidate for a permanent position and which ones most decidedly won’t do so. They may be able to put in a word for you. This will ensure that they match you with opportunities that they know have the potential to become a permanent placement.
- Ensure your performance is excellent: Be reliable and efficient in your work. Your temporary days are your opportunity to prove your worth. So you need to perform beyond expectations and make your value clear to the employer.
- Gain a deep understanding of the business: Get to know your company thoroughly during your temporary job. Make sure your manager realizes you are knowledgeable and can add significant value in the long term.
- Treat the temp job like you would a permanent placement: Think of yourself as a permanent employee. Arrive on time if not early, offer to stay late, pitch in with extra effort wherever required, and show your commitment and enthusiasm at every available opportunity.
- Build your network: Build strong relationships with your immediate team members. Connect with other functions within the company. This will not only help you understand the organization better but may also give you a heads up on other available opportunities.
- Understand the culture: Understand the values your company stands for, the expected code of conduct, the hierarchy and power structure, and more importantly, what is not acceptable.
- Show incremental value. Be willing to take on projects even if they fall outside your role. Show flexibility and initiative by volunteering to take up tasks where you can prove your worth or learn a new skill. If you have worked in other organizations, leverage the perspective it provides you to add value by suggesting ideas for improving systems or processes.
Call Winters Staffing at 1-877-495-7422 or contact us online and we will be pleased to assist your job searching efforts.