Our client located in Mississauga, Ontario is currently seeking a CNC Programmer with 5 axis.
Salary - DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Full time evening shift
The CNC Programmer will be responsible for programming and editing programs for 3 & 5-axis machines. Mazak & Matsuura knowledge is an asset. The ideal candidate will provide support to management in terms of fixture design, process changes, and cycle times for quotation purposes. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Accurately read and interpret CAD drawings and determine sequence of operations
- Create 2D and 3D geometry within GibbsCam in a time-efficient manner
- Read posted G-Code to ensure program is accurate
- Ability to diagnose post-processing (machine) issues and provide direction for resolutions.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, select the proper cutting tools, determine reference points, machine cutting paths, hole locations, compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures required to machine work pieces into the desired shapes.
- Write instruction sheets for the machine's operator in order to guide proper
- Handle projects with high output efficiency in a time-sensitive environment
- Handle custom jobs and low quantities for multiple machines at once
- Provide guidance to employees and help with setup as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to view and understand drawings of aerospace/military complicated drawings with tight tolerances, and specifications along with the ability to develop 3-D modeling for 2D drawings
EXPERIENCE IN PROGRAMMING LATHES AN ASSET
The successful candidate must:
• Have a minimum of 10 years experience as a CNC programmer and/or machinist
• Excellent understanding of Tool Application, Function and Geometry
• Optimize Cutting Speed Data on a wide range of materials including: Carbon Steels, Stainless Steels, Brass, Bronze, Cast Iron, Tool Steel etc.
• Make recommendations for Machine Tool improvements to improve machining performance and optimize cycle times.
• Make fixturing suggestions
• Program on GibbsCAM
• Ability to quickly edit G-Code on the Machine and save as necessary
• Exceptional communication skills are ESSENTIAL.
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for to be successful in this role please submit your resume to [email protected] or fax to 905-231-3860
We are an equal opportunity employer