Maintenance TechnicianEast York
Our client is in the brewery industry and they are currently looking at hiring for a Maintenance Technician.
Location-East York, ON
Shift-Must be flexible between day shift and afternoon shift
Pay Rate- Based on Experience
Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the Brewery Maintenance Technician position is to achieve short- and long-term maintenance objectives and overall equipment reliability and safety. This role will be responsible for overall operation and preventative maintenance of equipment and the facility.
• Accountable for delivering Maintenance Key Performance Indicator results
• Accountable for plant reliability in support of brewing and packaging line efficiencies
• Ensure all maintenance routines are developed and remain updated
• Responsible for utilities and wastewater operations at the brewery (water/water treatment, steam, etc.)
• Establish/follow preventative maintenance schedule for all existing equipment.
• Troubleshoot and fix equipment, to minimize downtime and maintain safety.
• Update maintenance procedures for all equipment.
• Identify improvement opportunities to increase equipment capability
• Maintain spare parts inventory, placing orders in a timely manner, as necessary
• Coordinate with managers on maintenance and safety concerns, providing timely follow-up of maintenance activities.
• Work with outside vendors to establish maintenance and installation procedures for all equipment.
• Quickly diagnose source of failures and make emergency repairs to all equipment.
• Assist brewery operations in commissioning and decommissioning all equipment, and making running adjustments to ensure maximum safety and efficiency
• Safely use a wide variety of power and hand tools
• Administer preventative maintenance and standard work orders
• Manage / Log inventory and labour reporting on a computerized maintenance program
Our Ideal Candidate
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma/Certificate
• Licensed Millwright/Mechanic (433A) within the Province of Ontario is an asset
• Knowledge of maintenance best practices and process
• Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance position, preferably in the brewing or beverage industry
• Experience in a high-speed packaging environment is an asset
• A basic understanding of mechanical instruments and equipment, construction and building materials, electrical supply systems, process control systems, refrigeration, air conditioning (HVAC) and water treatment
• The ability to read and interpret, manuals, blueprints and schematics
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with equipment
• The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Proven analytical, planning, problem solving and project management skills
• Certification on forklift and aerial equipment an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with Hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, reducers, screw conveyors, belt conveyors, machinery rebuilding and troubleshooting experience; welding experience is an asset
• Possess solid understanding of predictive and preventative technique
• Ability to work rotating shifts (Day, Evening, Night and Weekends)
• You are comfortable working in an environment of constant changes and comfortable working in both cold and warm climates
• You are serious about delivering results and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
• You respect your commitments and can obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for to be successful in this role please apply online, email or fax your resume to Aneezah Dhir.
fax to 416-495-8487
We are an equal opportunity Employer