Production Quality EngineerOakville
* Independently design, execute and evaluate quality systems particular to assigned products, such as PFMEA, control plans, PPAP requirements, etc.
* Participate actively in PPAP (Product Part Approval Process).
* Facilitate Process Certification events, Manufacturing Process Reviews and follow up on open actions
* Work with manufacturing engineering group to maintain PFMEA and Control Plans
* Organize and lead Gauge R&R evaluations
* Implement and maintain SPC system and report Cpk data on all KC's
* Coordinate containment, sort/rework actions for external and internal issues
* Coordinate warranty tear down analysis and problem solving resolution / reports for internal issues
* Work with Manufacturing Engineering to optimize all parameters to attain maximum running efficiencies for each job through creation of Standardized Work procedures ( cycle times, TaKT times, etc.)
* Provide input to improve tool designs/gauges
* Ensure and advance all shop floor documentation as required.
* Ensure all products (purchased and manufactured) are to the appropriate engineering change level.
* Participates, leads and coordinates problem solving for Quality Clinic and manufacturing concerns (customer specific reports: 8D, 7 step, 5 phase, Is/Is Not, etc)
* Ensure enforcement and compliance of Customer Specific Requirements,
* Support the "Zero Defect" plan
* Initiate and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Promote and comply with health, safety, and environmental standards, safe operating procedures, good housekeeping practices and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times.
* Attend authorized training in order to develop and/or maintain relevant job-related knowledge, techniques, skills, and/or certification.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Weekends Only Shift
* University degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred).
* 3 to 5 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment (Aerospace or Automotive preferred).
* ASQ "Certified Quality Engineer" certification an asset.
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and math data including geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
* Working knowledge of statistical techniques
* Strong technical background in CNC machining and NADCAP special processes
* Proficient with RED "X" or similar root causing tools, SPC, Six Sigma techniques, Lean Manufacturing, PFMEA and DOE.
* Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
* Sound computer skills. Knowledge of SAP and Catia would be an asset
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
* Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP
To apply or for more information contact Keith Duval 905-479-7787 firstname.lastname@example.org