Steps to Getting Your Autocad Certification
The Roles, Responsibilities, and Certification of an Autocad Drafter
An autocad drafter is a design professional who uses computer-aided design software or systems to conceive/draft the technical plans and drawings applied in the production and construction of complex entities or structures. An autocad drafter usually specializes within a particular field of engineering, such as:
Autocad drafters collect and integrate input from architects, engineers, and surveyors to create comprehensive schematics that can specify such details as:
- Building codes
- Construction materials
- Physical dimensions
- Production methods
Due to the complexities associated with many engineering projects, plus the substantial contributions made to such projects by these design professionals, many employers will require applicants for autocad drafter jobs to have completed a two-year program at a technical school or community college. Those interested in pursuing such a certificate in the GTA are encouraged to visit George Brown College for more information.
It is also possible to achieve one’s autocad drafter certification through independent self-study. Individuals choosing to follow this route should be aware that online or classroom learning, while providing some practical examples/applicability, may also be:
- Limited to a single engineering discipline at a time
- Available to those with a certain amount of experience in that discipline
- Valid for a finite period before re-certification would be required
Candidates who are intrigued by self-certification for autocad drafter jobs can get more information on the Autodesk Training & Certification website.
A Staffing Agency May Provide the Best Route to Securing Autocad Drafter Jobs
Independent of the method or means used to attain one’s autocad drafter certification, the intent of pursuing such accreditation is to strengthen the potential to secure a job in this area of specialization. While lists of credentials and certificates can be impressive on paper, they only constitute a part of the overall dynamics that influence hiring decisions.
But how does one go about launching a career as an autocad drafter? The landscape for these roles, as with several other areas of specialization, can seem rather overwhelming and intimidating to job seekers looking to enter the workforce for the first time.
The answer may lie with the support and networking available from a technical staffing agency such as Winters Technical Staffing in Toronto. In many instances, employers in need of hiring an autocad drafter will use an agency like Winters Technical Staffing to help identify and recruit qualified candidates.
From the employer’s perspective, outsourcing their recruiting for autocad drafter jobs provides a number of benefits, including:
- Agencies have access to a broader pool of potential candidates
- Agency networks/contacts allow for more targeted advertising
- Overall recruiting efforts are more focused and often expedited
- Agencies conduct all candidate screening and reference checks
- The flexibility to address full-time, part-time, or contract needs
For individuals seeking an autocad drafter job, working in collaboration with a technical staffing agency also offers several distinct advantages:
- Focused job searches targeting viable opportunities only
- Access to employers needing immediately-available staff
- Access to employment opportunities not otherwise posted
- Pre-established networks with employers/hiring managers
- Assistance in developing resumes and cover letter content
- Insight and potential support for compensation discussions
Contact Winters Today
If you are looking to launch your career as an autocad drafter, and would be amenable to full-time, part-time, or contract options, call Winters Technical Staffing today at 1-866-932-5248 to book a complimentary consultation and a discussion of your needs and aspirations.