How to Find Your Dream Job
Align Search Efforts with Staffing Agency Resources to Expand Odds of Success
For many people, their job is just that, a job. They wake up in the morning wishing that they did not have to go to work, but they go anyway, and basically spend the majority of the day waiting for closing time so they can return home again. And then the process repeats itself day after day until their vacation period comes along, when they will spend a full two to three weeks or more wishing that they did not have to return to work when their time off comes to an end.
Although this may sound a bit contrived or even melodramatic, in reality, it might not be far from the truth for those reading this article and/or people they may know. In some instances, perhaps due to personal/family matters or financial considerations, they may indeed have limited options for employment; in many other cases, however, they have either simply settled for something, anything, or they may have a better job in mind but decided that they had neither the time nor the inclination to pursue it. In both of these settings, it could be said that they have adopted a mindset of victimization.
Yet if they really and truly wanted to have a job/career of their dreams, they will need to take the responsibility to make it happen. It is highly unlikely that an employer will just come along and hand them that job/career; they will need to take the initiative to find it.
How? By investing time and effort in several very important steps or actions, including:
- Prepare an objective evaluation of skills/talents and areas for development
- Request constructive feedback on the above from friends and/or colleagues
- Determine the employment scenario that might offer the ultimate happiness
- Contrast the requirements of a dream job with current experience/education
- Identify potential or actual gaps that would impede achieving the desired job
- Pursue the necessary educational or certification programs to narrow the gap
- Career Counseling
- Seek professional advice on whether job/career goals are realistic/attainable
- Participate in personality and skill assessment tests to identify strengths/gaps
- Realign or refine dream job/career goals if/as necessary based on test results
- Devoted Job Search Efforts
- Be committed to the job search – focus on the end goal, not on interim roles
- Include networking in these efforts – online groups, associations, social media
- Thinking Positively
- Avoid discouragement from lack of progress (finding a dream job takes time)
- Be a cheerleader – remain upbeat about ‘having what it takes’ to get that job
- Enlist Professional Support
- Contact a staffing agency with experience/expertise in the target field/industry
- Capitalize on resources available to focus and streamline the job search effort
Within this discussion, it was suggested that taking responsibility for finding one’s dream job/career would be key to a successful outcome; but at no point was reference made to the process being easy nor was it guaranteed to succeed. That is why the latter bullet point above is so vitally important – aligning one’s job search efforts with the resources of a staffing agency like Winters Technical Staffing in Toronto can dramatically improve their chances of success, supported by the reasons outlined below.
A Recruitment Agency Can Be a Valuable Ally in the Quest for Your Dream Job
For more than 40 years, Winters Technical Staffing has been matching job seekers with jobs that best meet their skills, needs, and career aspirations. Consultants from Winters Technical Staffing have a vested interest in supporting the needs of their clients, both job seekers and the employers who utilize this recruitment agency to find qualified staff on their behalf; as a result, Winters Technical Staffing will only align candidates with job opportunities that are appropriate to both parties. From a candidate’s perspective, this aids in focusing/streamlining their job search efforts and quite possibly expediting it also.
Additional resources available to job seekers through their collaboration with the staffing specialists from Winters Technical Staffing would include:
- Resume preparation, including tailoring content to specific jobs
- Access to employment opportunities with immediate availability
- Access to job opportunities not otherwise advertised to the public
- National perspective – wider pool of jobs if relocation is a possibility
- Extensive networking and working relationships with hiring managers
- Insight on compensation potential based on location, experience, etc.
Contact Winters Today
Winters Technical Staffing has the experience and resources you need to fulfill your goal of finding your dream job. Call Winters Technical Staffing today at 1-877-495-7422 to schedule a no-obligation consultation at your earliest convenience.